Career Opportunities with DigiSage, Inc.
DigiSage provides marketing, graphic design, and web development services to small and mid-sized businesses
across a range of industries, including manufacturing, finance, healthcare, government, real estate,
nonprofits, and others. We pride ourselves on providing friendly service, strategic solutions, affordable
rates, timely responses, and quality work.
Full Stack Web Developer
Full-time position (40 hrs/wk) in Green Bay, WI or La Crosse, WI
with an emphasis on WordPress.
This candidate will enjoy the challenge of bringing the team’s vision to life on the web.
- Proactive and self-directed
- 3 to 6 years of related experience
- A sense of ownership and pride in what you create
- A positive attitude coupled with the ability to find creative, innovative solutions
- A project portfolio demonstrating your talent
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven environment
What You Will Enjoy
- Variety in your work with opportunities to expand your skillset
- Life-work balance and flexible hours
- Competitive salary
- Retirement plan match
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Paid holidays
- Annual bonus opportunities
- Ability to occasionally work from home
- Supportive leadership and team members
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain, enhance, and implement website elements for various client brands
- Recognize digital and mobile user experience and make improvements to provide the best possible experience
- Understand and develop marketing assets according to brand standards
- Stay up-to-date on current digital user behavior and design trends
- Execute work that is consistent and high-quality
- Troubleshoot technical problems that arise and provide recommendations for workable solutions
- Develop projects that follow website guidelines, standards, and best practices
- Test and control quality of websites (mobile and speed are important)
- In addition to the above, other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong foundation in PHP development
- Able to convert designer-created Photoshop files into a functional website with responsive CSS/HTML
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-platform development to W3C standards
- Ability to hand-code, analyze, debug, and deliver great code
Desired Additional Skills
- Proficient with installation, configuration, and maintenance of WordPress, plugins, and themes
- In-depth WordPress experience and understanding (especially themes, actions, and filters)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (GIT)
- Understanding of clean UI implementation and website usability design standards
- Experience creating accessible web sites
- Experience with Search Engine Marketing
- Experience with MySQL (or related RDBMS)
- Experience integrating third-party APIs such as Authorize.NET, Amazon S3, and Twilio
- Understanding of network protocols, domain name system and content delivery networks
- Experience with email configuration (DNS, MX records, etc..) as well as POP3/IMAP
- Web server migration and troubleshooting
- Domain transfers/configuration experience
The possibility of a remote employee will be considered for candidates within a reasonable driving
distance of either Green Bay, WI or La Crosse, WI.
If this opportunity interests you please
contact Bob Lindner to setup a time to review your
qualifications, review your resume and view examples of your work.
To be considered we will follow this process:
Introduction: Review the opportunity above and submit your resume. We are looking for
experience, but also how your experience fits in with our core values. Are you results-driven, scrappy,
Initial Chat: An introductory phone call to determine if you are a good fit for the role.
We want to understand what you’ve done before and where you are headed. (This may be a telephone or
Second Meeting: Here we will dig in to discuss your skills and strength within the
technical areas for the position you are interested in. (This may be a telephone or video conference.)
In-Person Meeting: If you’re a good fit based on the first two meetings, we’ll meet
to discuss more about your technical experience, soft skills, and things that allow us to best make use
of your skills on the team if you join.
Offer: If appropriate, we’ll share an agreement with you and work out any details as
Sound good? If you are interested please send us your resume or
equivalent along with three examples of sites you have developed. We would love to hear from you.
- We are not accepting employment agency referrals for these positions.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to religion, race, age, marital or family status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender.
- In compliance with United States federal law, all persons hired will be required to complete employment eligibility verification.
- Applicants must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.